"Right-of-Way" = area between sidewalk and street. Technically, the city owns this area and is supposed to maintain it (yeah, right). I do know that if the big tree we have starts to go, the city will come cut it down, which they did earlier this summer to the only other tree on our street that canopied over the road. Now it's just our lone tree that provides shade across the entire street. It's a U-shaped tree - the power company apparently likes to come cut out the middle every now and then.
Jeff and I started this project in late July and finished in mid-September - 6 weeks give or take. Not too bad. Our neighbors put down brick pavers in this entire area earlier this summer. I think that's what prompted me to spruce ours up. It looked really bad and was not practical for getting out of the car.
Unfortunately, I don't have a very good before photo. What follows is not the exact same area, but it's a general idea of what the area looked like. There were some old pavers, gravel, and weeds.
Here's a photo of the right-of-way last fall after we spent hours hauling old lumber and trash out of the basement for the "junk truck" to pick up. You can tell that we didn't care much about what was underneath.
Here's a shot mid-way through the project - with the new brick pavers down. We did them in a basketweave pattern to match the existing brick walkway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment