Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend Work

Yesterday Jeff and I ran a lot of errands (including buying some frames for our macro pictures from Belize and looking at mirrors for over the console table). Today we got up early and raked leaves. I guess you end up raking leaves on the last weekend in January when you A. are gone most of the weekends in the fall and early winter and B. winter comes late and most of your leaves (or rather, your neighbor's leaves) don't fall until December. The leaf-sucker truck is supposed to hit our street this week, so we used an assembly line approach of one person raking, the other filling the can and taking it to the street to dump into the pile. Here's the result of our work:


It seems like a lot of leaves for a 1/5 acre lot, especially when you factor in that earlier this fall/winter we put out at the curb (and had sucked up) about 1/2 as many as you see there.


Inside the house today, we finally used the picture hooks and picture rail and hung up the stained glass window I got at a garage sale last summer. Before and after pictures below...

BEFORE
Would have been better if I had taken down the hooks before taking the picture. Oh well!

AFTER

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristin, it looks great! I love it.